The Moderator has launched a Special Appeal towards the emergency relief effort to help people in Ukraine and those fleeing the conflict.
PCI is immediately releasing £60,000 to be distributed to:
Hungarian Reformed Church Aid
Hungarian Reformed Church Aid provides humanitarian aid to Ukraine, as well as aid, medical help and practical assistance to refugees crossing into Hungary.
Christian Aid (Ireland) and Tearfund are working with local partners in countries including Hungary, Slovakia and Moldova and hope to work inside Ukraine as and when circumstances allow.
How to give
To give to this appeal, put your donation in a plain envelope, marked “Moderator Appeal” with your FWO number and leave in collection box, or transfer online with reference Moderator Appeal and FWO number.
It’s important to include your FWO number so it can be credited to your giving and gift aid can be claimed, if signed up.
Pray for Ukraine
Please remember the people of Ukraine in your prayers:
• Pray for an immediate ceasefire and an end to the war. Pray for a de-escalation of the tensions between Russia and Western countries.
• Pray for all affected by the war, especially the grieving, the injured, and those whose homes have been destroyed. Pray for people sheltering in fear, those fighting for freedom and those protesting for peace.
• Pray for the large Christian community in Ukraine. Pray that they will know the Lord is with them in these difficult days and turn to him for their refuge strength and hope. Pray too that they will be a witness to others in these days of distress and fear.
• Pray for those who have recently fled or are fleeing due to the war in Ukraine or have been displaced within Ukraine. Pray they will find safety, shelter, water, food and medical help. Pray they will receive both emergency humanitarian aid as well as help for the coming weeks and months.
• Pray for aid agencies and governments trying to help bring humanitarian aid to refugees and people living in Ukraine, including Christian Aid, Tearfund and Hungarian Reformed Church Aid.